Dwight and I hope you and your family are healthy and weathering the Covid-19 pandemic. Our goal as this unprecedented situation continues to unfold is to provide outstanding veterinary care while continuing to keep you and our staff safe. We are writing to provide you with an update:
Curbside service will continue. Those of you who have experienced “curbside” service know it is time consuming and requires a high degree of coordination between staff and clients. Our patients, however, seem to take it in stride. There is that “ruh-rho” moment when they realize that you are not with them, and then our wonderful staff start offering treats, petting, and praise, and your pet settles right in.
State regulations now allow us to offer our full range of veterinary services. Over the next month(s) we will gradually expand our hours of operation, increase staff, and adjust how we conduct business. We appreciate your patience as we strive to provide enhanced safety to our employees and clients.
In order to keep our staff and clients safe we are continuing the following policies:
- If you have been sick with symptoms of COVID-19 or other illness, been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19, or have traveled to a COVID-19 endemic area, we will ask you to reschedule your appointment for 14 or more days OR have another individual bring your pet if they need immediate attention.
- Carefully clean your pet’s carrier, leash, and collar with a disinfectant solution prior to your visit. Remove any blankets, towels, or personal items from cat carriers. Newspaper is OK. No blankets, or toys can stay with your pet if admitted.
- When you arrive at the hospital please call 413-268-7738 to say you have arrived. We will be asking the primary number to reach you at during your appointment, some history on your pet, and for your credit card number.
- When we are ready for your pet, please step out of your vehicle with your pet and pass them to our veterinary team. FOR OUR SAFETY AND YOURS YOU MUST BE WEARING A FACIAL COVERING AND WE CANNOT CLIMB INTO YOUR VEHICLE.
- Dogs must be wearing a secure leash and collar that does not slide off and cats are to be in a secure carrier
- PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE AWAY WHILE WE EXAMINE YOUR PET
- After we examine your pet, we will call you (make sure your phone’s ringer is on) to review our findings and recommendations. We will be calling you from a phone with the following number 413-345-9749.
- If your pet needs to be admitted or additional diagnostics are needed, a treatment plan/estimate will be provided for your approval.
- Discharge instructions and recommendations will be communicated to you by phone and or email.
- You may pay over the phone by credit card, Care Credit or write a check. We are working on setting up a link which will allow you to pay your bills from your phone or computer.
- At the end of your visit, a staff member will bring your pet and any medication or diet back to your vehicle.
- Medication and Food refills: Please call ahead for refills 413-268-7738. You may pay by phone before arrival if using a card or bring a pre-filled check. Your medications will be placed in the white box out front labeled WAC.
For non-urgent matters, you can email us at [email protected]. If you are concerned about your pet, please call the hospital at 413-268-7738 as emails are not checked as frequently. Please use email to place a food or medication order or ask non-urgent questions.
Thank you for your patience. We are all working very hard to continue to care for your pets and to make everyone’s day a little less stressful!!
Susan, Dwight and the entire staff.